Jan 11, 2010

Chilli Jam


My friend gave me a bag of chillis grown in his garden so I searched the net for a Chilli Jam Recipe. I made a few alterations as the first batch was way too hot, so I added more tomato. This recipe is hot but sweet and so good with steak or on a ham and cheese toastie !
Recipe
6 ripe tomatoes - chopped
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 cup of raw sugar
2 green chillis and 2 red chillis
1/4 cup of white vinegar
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Making it: Mix Sugar with tomatoes and leave for a few hours to soak. Once done, heat on the stove, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil for 5 minutes. Reduce and simmer for 45mins, or until reduced and a little bit sticky. Cool and put into sterilised jars. Makes a great gift for foodie friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment