Jan 27, 2013

Something New out of Something Old




I started cutting up Lucy's clothes a few months back to create a quilt that would obtain many memories. There are bits from my parents, great friends, uncles and aunties and from us. While many may think it is not that great of me to not hand down the clothes to the next little person I actually found it harder to part with these gifts and even harder to have them stashed in a cupboard. At first Lucy was quite upset when she saw me cutting up her favourite dress we bought on our recent trip to France but when I told her that she could sleep under her favourite dresses this winter she picked up the scissors and started to help.

It will take a while to collect a few more things to have enough squares (225 in total) to make this quilt fit her bed but I think that it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment