Feb 8, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursday - 2





The question for Sew Thinky Thursday is: What is the Most Meaningful thing I have made..

It was hard to just pick one but I think the first quilt I made would have to be the one that comes to mind. I had my first quilting class at Thread Bearz in East Fremantle which does not exist anymore but the lovely lady (Jan Mullen from Stargazey) that taught me is still around creating fantastic things.

I look back at the fabrics I chose and have a giggle as they are so old fashioned and completely different to what I like now but I have fond memories of going to this class. It was on Wednesday nights and I hauled my heavy singer sewing machine up the street and couldn't wait to start.

My Mum helped me pin the quilt ready for hand quilting and I accidentally pinned it to the floor ! We still laugh about that.

It was also in a funny time in my life, being new to Perth and I hardly had any friends so quilting was a great comfort for me and suited me as I loved sewing anyway.

I still have this quilt and it is a favourite during the winter and when I am tucked up in bed with a flu.

3 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! It's so funny how our taste in fabric changes as we grow - I'm sure this one will always have those special memories for you though!

    Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how even though your tastes have changed, it's still a favourite quilt because of the memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks really complex for a first quilt...but you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment