Oct 22, 2012

Fabric for Retreating

Kaffe's for Lucy
Quiet Fabrics for my bedroom
Hand-stitching project
I am off next weekend on a sewing retreat with my fab friend Lindy. A weekend of sewing, all meals cooked for us and classes to learn some new skills. On the Saturday we learn a quick log cabin quilt and as we are cutting our strips before we go, I hope to get a start on a second quilt late in the evening.

There is a mystery hand sewing tutorial when we first arrive and Sunday is to finish off our projects. I am really looking forward to a weekend away with just me, my machine and my friend.

Today I popped into Calico & Ivy and spent my birthday vouchers on fabric for my own quilt and a few extra bits to make up what I needed for Lucy's cheery Kaffe Fasset quilt. I also fell in love with a gorgeous idea in the shop for a pillow which I can stitch whilst watching tele.

Photos next week of our finished (and half finished) projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment